Bailiffscourt is proud to present a recital by internationally renowned concert guitarist and composer Richard Durrant.
Performing completely acoustically in the intimate, candlelit setting of the Chapel at Bailiffscourt, Richard will play music by JS Bach on the four string tenor guitar as well as favourite solos on the six string concert guitar. All presented in his usual relaxed and entertaining style with stories from a lifetime in music.
Chapel at Bailiffscourt
The concert will be followed by delicious three course Spanish tapas dinner in the music room.
– He takes to the stage like El Cid…his virtuosity is cinematic in scale.
The Sun Newspaper
– Durrant never lets his stunning technique overshadow this wonderful, timeless music.
– One is left with the impression of a man who loves music and life in equal measure.
– Brimful of technically impressive guitar playing on the folk/ classical cusp, with nimble runs, deft arpeggios and quicksilver fingering.
Classic FM Magazine
– Extraordinary virtuosity… A simply unmissable treat.
And why not make a night of it? For those attending the concert Bailiffscourt are delighted to extend a special rate of £140 per room to stay and enjoy a full English breakfast and use of our spa facilities and swimming pools the following morning.